I look forward to October/Fall, for two reasons:
- My birthday
- Howard Homecoming
I had a great birthday, thank you all for all the birthday wishes!
Now it’s time for my favorite fall activity.
(1) What can you expect at Howard University Homecoming?
You can expect a fashion show, a family reunion and lots of Bison pride.
For alums, homecoming is all about reconnecting with long time friends, reflecting on the many memories made at Howard and giving back.
In doing so, many use their wardrobes as a form of self expression.
You’ll see casual, but fashion forward outfits, at the game and tailgate.
Examples featured on Fashionbombdaily.com in 2017
(2) Which events should I attend?
Depending on your budget, you can find fun events that are free or events ranging from $20 – $100. The common thread will be good music and good vibes.
- International Yardfest – Friday October 11th at 12:00 PM
- Homecoming Parade – Saturday October 12th 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Homecoming tailgate – Saturday October 12th 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Call to Chapel – Sunday October 13th at 11:00 AM
Events with a cover fee
Events ranging from $20 – $100, are hosted in venues off campus. Check out GoHamHu.com and HomecomingatHoward.com, for more on those events.
(3) Who should I follow to live vicariously?
If you’re trying to enjoy Howard Homecoming, from your phone, you should follow some of my favorite DJs and influencers – so you can tune into their stories on Instagram.
- DJ Kashrag for Caribbean vibes