Tips for planning a trip to London for the first time:
- Bring a travel adapter for the wall sockets
- Try to get a hotel close to Central London
- Take a trip to France, which is only about two hours away. I wish I had a few more days to do so. That’s on my bucket list for my next trip.
- Dress warm if you’re visiting in March and bring comfortable boots to walk around in.
- Shop around for flights — weeks or months in advance. Don’t be afraid to travel to an airport out of your area, for an affordable flight. JFK was four hours from DCA, but it was worth it. I saved a decent amount.