Again, a special thanks to everyone for all the wonderful birthday wishes!
The older I get, the more I appreciate each birthday.
I know that everyday is not promised and I’m so grateful for each day.
This year I celebrated in New York City, which was perfect.
New York City always inspires me to chase my dreams.
It’s a city filled with hustlers, who have defied the odds.
Example #1: Beatboxer I ran into at the subway station.
As promised, on Instagram, here’s the list of lessons I’ve learned over the years.
(1) Prayer works
(2) You have the power to change the things you do not like
(3) People will treat you, based on how you treat yourself
(4) You can’t control anyone, but you can always control your own energy. More #positivevibes always.
(5) Limit time with people who are not confident/happy with themselves
(6) Close mouths don’t get fed
(7) Value friendships & family members
(8) Take care of your temple
(9) Listen to criticism & improve when necessary
(10) Be self-reliant, you are always your best backup
(11) You reap, what you sow
(12) Karma (noun) – “The sum of a person’s actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.”
(13) Get to know yourself while you’re single
(14) Write down every idea, even the silly ideas
(15) Time is the most precious gift ever known to man, don’t waste it 🗣
(16) Try to learn something new every month
(17) Choose words wisely. Being honest doesn’t have to be harsh.
(18) Treat yourself when necessary
(19) Giving is therapeutic
(20) Practice kindness as often as possible
Note: The title of this post was inspired by the book 20-something, 20-everything: A quarter-life woman’s guide to balance and direction